I am The Shai.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Journey's End?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
(Mark Twain)

And yeah, I shouldn't complain about it aye? Afterall, 'tis all my choice.


And speaking of disappointments, people can be just that during the times when they're needed the most.

Wells, we're 13 days away from opening night. And, I thought why not revisit the times spent for a bit. What began as a passing remark back in December 2004 has now culminated into this. August 2005 and it won't just be a dream anymore...

The road has been a long one filled with bumps, humps, rocks, at times nails and somewhere in the mix, roadkill. Still, for most, we've fought the battle and for some they're just waiting for it to end. It'll be crazy to work on such a project again, at least after the way we did it lah.

I really wish I could share a pictorial journey but we don't have that many pictures. What you'll see below are pics from the production camp we had back in April.
Anyhoo, here's the visual feast.



An Insight...

One of the things we did during the camp was having to endure a 2 hr long lecture by me on The Ides of March. Felt a bit like literature lesson.


Caesar, Audrey, Decius


Still Not Sleeping

And of course there was the bonding aspect of it, these lot of people not sleeping, yakking the night away and stuff.


Brothers


Calphurnia and Artemidorus

Other random pictures of the cast and crew...


Heaven and Earth are not at peace tonight

Hahakz...and of course, what's drama camp without the crazy stuff right?


Ahh...Wells, though some have dropped during the course of the journey, we're all friends sharing this momentous occassion together.
No secret that I'm feeling scared and excited at the same time.
But feeling sad is the worse bit.
Heard of the quote,
"To complete a work is like being present at the funeral of someone you love..."

And indeed, it'll be just like that. We won't see each other as often. Heck, for most, we won't be working together again.
But I do know that I have 12 more legs of the journey to go and we shall continue the walk.

So, to the cast and crew of The Ides of March,
let us fight against the storm, fight it such that the wind cannot make change but us, only us.


Almost there guys & gals... Posted by Picasa

Almost.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
Aren't those the pictures I sent you?

Where's my Credit!!?? :P

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 
Blogger Stefan S said...

all the best, and i'll be there!!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has seriously been a long journey....*waves to mark anthony*....gd day my lord!...and *waves to my lady's brother*..gd day to you too my lord

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 
Blogger Lecter said...

Mark Antony,
AHA! So you were the one who sent me those pictures! I forgot who lah! So sorry!

*Pictures credited to Mark Antony

ss,
thank you, thank you. Hehehe.

lucius,
good day my boy.

ld,
it's been like what? 3? 4 months max? heheks...

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker