I am The Shai.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Interpretations...

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty."
- Sicilian Proverb

But how often does that happen eh?


The Interpreter Posted by Hello

Kidman stars as African-born U.N. interpreter Silvia Broome, who inadvertently overhears a death threat against an African head of state scheduled to address the United Nation's General Assembly. Realizing she's become a target of the assassins as well, Silvia's desperate to thwart the plot...if only she can survive long enough to get someone to believe her. Sean Penn is Tobin Keller, the federal agent charged with protecting the interpreter, who nonetheless suspects she may not be telling the whole truth. Silvia and Tobin, by nature, see life from different points of view: one, a U.N. interpreter, believes in the power and sanctity of words; the other, a Secret Service agent, believes in reading people based on their behavior, no matter what is said.

As I told DS, I had a movie for breakfast.
After 4 straight film festival servings, I treated myself to a Hollywood blockbuster. I needed a dose of adrenaline and suspense (but I wasn't expecting much considering it was 10am)and that was what I got from The Interpreter.
The script seemed pretty smart enough but I wasn't too sure as to how accurate the proceedings in the United Nations buildings were. (Yes, I know that the nation of Matobo is fictional).
There were tense edge-of-your-seat moments but they were pretty brief and appeared premature.
Nonetheless, with a cast led by the ever reliable Sean Penn, the ever remarkable Nicole Kidman and film location debutant, the United Nations building.
The Interpreter speaks one language and it's called Box Office Hit.

Breaking News:
I hate the Basic Theory Test. 2 times in a row. Nbcb.

P.S. Yellow Chair Productions is now almost official.

"It isn't what they say about you; it's what they whisper."
--Errol Flynn

So, what are you saying?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker