I am The Shai.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Rushes...

"If only we can give them faith that mountains can be moved, they will accept the illusion that mountains are moveable, and thus an illusion may become reality."
(Benito Mussolini)

Ahhh...faith. 'Tis true what Mussolini believes. If we dare to dream and hold on firmly to the faith we have in our dream, it will become a reality...........................


A hectic Saturday with little rest to begin with.
Shuttling between two rehearsals in the morning.

Rushing off to the Indoor Stadium to catch the Phua Chu Kang Musical.
I'm sorry to say that the show was a big letdown. Thankfully, the tickets were free.
$3 million dollars spent and I wonder how much the playwright was paid and I'm still wondering if the Government endorsed the musical.
The dance sequences were alright, the singing was ok-ok (Why did PCK sing as Gurmit?) and the sound system was horrendously loud.

The major thing that irked me was........
They didn't have to go around the bush and use Phua Chu Kang as a subtle (yeah right) reminder that the nation's 40th birthday is coming. Or how safety and total defence was blatantly promoted!
If you want to have a musical in celebration of the nation's 40th birthday, then do something better lah! Maybe a story of a protagonist exploring and revisiting the nation's history and perhaps, the future of the nation? Or a reminder as to who were the people who made Singapore who she is today?
Give the nation some face! (And no, singing Singapura Oh Singapura at the end doesn't count!)

I'll stop here. Any more feedback regarding the show, read Edwina's or Joyce's blogs.
The rest who went have yet to update I guess. Hahaha.

And then, there was the mad rush back to NP.
Can't help it that I "kanchionged". I'm the host!

Reached NP at a good time. Got ready to redeem myself. And that I did.
Funvies was a blast for me and Amanda.
I've not had that much fun hosting in quite a while now (wells, the shows have mainly been formal.)
Of all the darndest things that happened, I sang "An Jing" live.
If its any consolation, I sing clearer than Jay Chou! Wahahaha.

Ahhhh...off to a good rest now.

"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life."
(Albert Camus)

And I presume, the same goes for love too, aye?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the last few lines..
yeap.. i agree..but tt doesnt mean, u should stop searchin aye? hahakz
-adha

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

 
Blogger `Dee* said...

OMG!! i had soooo much fun hosting wid u @ FUNVIES! & thx a million cos u helped in maximising my potential..& u cause me to be less nervous..Love ya loads!! >_<"

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even know the lyrics to "An Jing" o.O

Anyway, how is it that everyone I know who saw PCK the Musical got it for free? I thought I heard on the news it was something for charity?

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 
Blogger Lecter said...

Sillygerl,
it was my utmost pleasure! Hehehe...

Mei,
I'll teach you to sing An Jing lah. hahahakz.
We got free tix coz of our contributions to the school (i think).
Wahaha..

Thursday, June 16, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker