I am The Shai.

Monday, July 02, 2007

History Crumbles

Being a part of history always makes one feel important especially when it is strongly affiliated with the country.

Courtest of Yaz who is on attachment at the Sports Council, Fiq and I got a pair of tickets. I mean, grandstand seats on the final day? Who was to complain?

And so, after a disappointing defeat at the hands of the Australians (but we had our moments, we could've scored), the finale that followed was fitting but somehow a tad disappointing.

The highlight of the evening though had to be the Kallang Wave. It was never the same as the matches from yesteryear but it sufficed I guess. Fiq and I were two crazed fellows, lost in the anticipation for our turn to do the wave.

And when the Stadium crumbles, so will the memories of the place. But I guess, the new Sports Hub will be a fitting piece to the newer and bigger puzzle that Singapore is piecing.

2 Comments:

Blogger JY said...

I never really had memories of the National Stadium. Never been to any soccer matches or rugby matches. Not even any National Day Parades! I've only been to an NDP rehearsal, where there was a fake Ong Teng Cheong waving to us. That was fun, heehee.

Well well, the new stadium is going to look like some kinda toilet bowl! Not sure whether there's something to look forward to. What's wrong with the architects?

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

 
Blogger Lecter said...

Hahaha. I've had some memories over time of the National Stadium, mainly football matches.

Thing is, over the years, it was never like before anymore. Sadly.

Toilet bowl? I haven't seen the design!

Monday, July 16, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker