I am The Shai.

Monday, June 25, 2007

A Yellow Birthday Dedication


I stared out of my window, the big tree in front of my room I had expected to see was now naked, shivering with the breezes of the morning wind. To sit by my window and observe the world awaking was what I wanted to do that Saturday morning but I knew I could not. I had to shower, get dressed and go out.


All that done, I grabbed my stuff and the all important set of black keys. I stepped out and walked along the corridor I have treaded on for almost twenty years now. I walked along the sheltered walkways and the void deck of the other block. And yet, from afar, I could see the time. The time, high above everything else in the vicinity, like a beacon, like a call to arise.


This was a Saturday morning and I smiled when I reached the building and couldn't see the time anymore.


The exchanging of a pleasantry and the passing of a key. A plain wooden door on the third floor. It was all plain and dark from the outside but on the inside. Oh God, on the inside, it held the most powerful thing a youth could have. A power, placed in the wrong hands would lead to the crashing and burning of a potential prodigy. Beyond the plain wooden door laid a whole world of dreams created by youths.


And two years on, the dreams and the passion burn even stronger for these youths. I still walk the same route as I have done for the past two years. And as I walk, I look at my reflection in the windows of the houses I pass by and I see change. I see the same smile but the smile was a more serious one, one that had something on its mind.


And in the room beyond the plain wooden door, I looked at the big mirror. I looked at the reflections of the talents that have graced the room in the past two years. Some have left, some have taken up permanent residence. And in their eyes, their smiles, I saw a maturity, like a blooming flower, like a leaf changing its colour. In them, I saw a hope. In all of us, I see a future.


Happy 2nd Birthday Yellow Chair Productions.
To many more Saturdays, to many more Productions, to many more Youths, to many more Years, to many more Yellow Chair Productions.


3 Comments:

Blogger All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

Monday, June 25, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderfully written.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 
Blogger Lecter said...

thank you anon.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker