I am The Shai.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Bye June!

Now that June is over and done with, what a June it has been!

Freshly out of NS, I jumped straight into Short+Sweet Singapore.

Directed "Aided", written by Anant Shiva (who also won Best New Talent: Director at the Gala Finals!). Five shows, four days at NAFA.

Became very good friends with the waiter at the coffee shop and Maggi Goreng became my staple supper food.

And what I love from Short+Sweet are the number of new friends one can make! Great fun!

With Short+Sweet over, Yellow Chair Productions attacked everyone with a "Monsoon" of a time. And was stuck at Sengkang CC for 3 days, which was pretty warm and cozy. Haha. Old Chang Kee and tons of water became my good friend as accumulated fatigue was setting in.

It was a fun production and it's always great to work with a closely knitted group.

I'm proud of what the team has done and how far some of them have come. :)

And once the torrential rainfall was over, I jumped straight into "I Want To Be A Star" or aka HI Musical, a musical celebrating Holy Innocents' High's 50th Anniversary.

I was casted as the Discipline Master (the only non-staff/teacher/student by the way) and I had a ball of a time working with the students and teachers of the school.

I was always made to feel welcomed and I miss working with the actors, dancers, choir and THE SET TEAM! HAHA! And if you know me well, you will know how easily attached I get to people, organizations, things, etc. Haha.

The rehearsals were on a daily basis, long and tiring but the product was very rewarding. I'm so glad I said YES to the production. Spent 3 long days at Drama Centre and this time fatigue had already set in and I had to preserve my voice and plain water was my constant companion for the longest time and I made sure I brought my pillow along with me to sneak in little naps here and there whenever I got the chance.

I took some pictures here and there, will post them up in due time.

So, now that June has passed us, I can now take a quick rest. Or not.

I'm going up to KL today to find my cast for the play I'm directing at Short+Sweet Malaysia! :)

Will tell y'all more in due time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Snow said...

wooot! u're as busy as i am! :) *hugs*

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker