I am The Shai.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Decadence

It's funny how Shaz said my entries packed a punch and for me to look at them later and discover that my last few were anything but.

Well, I thought to myself, perhaps I should get back on track to doing proper blogging and actually updating my god-forsaken links while I'm at it!

In any case, before I get about to doing all that, I actually have a script due this Monday so I'm burning the midnight oil and more to finish it!

Meanwhile, I shall blog about something decadent that happened today.

Oh oh. Before I get to that proper, let me just point out that when it comes to good food, I go really weak in the knees. Not the stomach of course, the stomach's the mighty one when it comes to the goods.

After a simple round of Popeye's, I had a very sinful double scoop of New York Super Fudge Chunk & Chocolate Fudge Brownie topped with Chopped Peanuts and Hot Fudge. Oh mein gott.

I blame Ben & Jerry's for all that chocolate. Straight to the stomach. I've sinned. Sigh.

And then, on the way home, I stopped by the night market that was happening at the interchange and it was there that I bought my dinner.

If the ice-cream was sinful, this was outrightly sinful, shameful and top-of-the-pops, hands down, decadent.

I had...

Ramly Burger.

The chicken patty was sliced into half. The guy threw some pepper and other seasonings inside. While he did this, he simmmered the buns and then he put the two halves back together and threw a whole dollop of chilli, black pepper sauce and mayo right on top of it. He then threw the seasoned patty onto the egg and when it was ready, it was folded and placed into the container.

And when I bit into it at home, the flavours flew out and into my mouth and it was there and then that I knew I had to start repenting, just as the different sauces dripped not-so-subtly down my fingers.

A good Ramly Burger always makes your day doesn't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Stefan S said...

lay off those ramlys i tell ya :D

Monday, December 24, 2007

 
Blogger Shazzana said...

i got a special mention here!

i'm boycotting b&j in singapore and would be glad to tell you why.

cost of 1 pint in the states: US$2.50 (abt S$4)

cost of 1 pint in sg: S$11

look on everyone's faces when they find out they've been duped: priceless.

Monday, December 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker