I am The Shai.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Old Students Die Hard?

With the exception of the teachers who I hang out with for breakfast and sometimes lunch, I still address the majority of the teachers in the office, old or new, formally and not by simply saying their first name.

Sure, a colleague, a teacher who I was close to back in my secondary school, remarked during my first week that I would probably be the only one in the office who would call the other teachers "Sir" or "Ma'am".

That was until this past week when my neighbour, a certain Mr. O exclaimed, loud enough for a few others to hear, that I should stop addressing him as Mr. O as I was now working there. The lot of us who were there that evening had a good laugh about it and I still call him by that name by the way.

But the point here is...

as I said to another teacher, "Once a student, always a student"

I had students who had asked why I would return to Hell's Den after escaping it.
Truth be told, the most obvious reason would be that it is a comfort zone, hell or not. And personally, I felt that I would learn a whole lot more being around people who I was already comfortable with and true enough, that is the case.

It might have been because I was from the pioneer batch (circa. 1999) or otherwise, fact is, I feel attached to the school more so than anyone else.

And the very thought of "Once a student, always a student," naturally made me reminisce the days I spent in the school and what better than to show a picture that was taken recently. In it, what you see is a friendship that has spanned 8 years regardless of the classes we were in.

This couldn't have come at a better time.


A Reunion Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

am i seeing what im seeing?

heh.

uknowiknow.

cya 15 June GOLD winner.boo.
*yul

Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker