I am The Shai.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Each Other...

"Mardi Gras is a Malay festival?"

Thank you Edwin for making it the highlight of my day.

And this transpired when Rashad was asking Edwin what kind of festivals are celebrated in Nepal.

The initial stages were indeed pretty tough. Pitching the idea, defying calls of "ambition", convincing scepticism and then the writing of the script. And now, when rehearsals have started proper, I must admit that I never thought it would be this tough just 2 days in. In this short span, I've displayed a smorgasbord of emotions. An actor should have the ability to ease into such emotions effortlessly right? Think again.

But all is not lost. This will be a peer learning experience. And learn we will.
I envision the whole team together, hand-in-hand, being applauded for our efforts, for our performance and for our spirit come August.

We may step on each other's toes, we may not be on the same page.
We may not see eye to eye, we may ruffle each other's feathers.
But, we will always share ONE cause and that is the success of this production.

"For each other, we promise to be there.
You, Me, Him, Her.
And though times may be hard, rocky be the roads,
all we have will be each other; one way or another."

So, smile my friends. Let's do this together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker