I am The Shai.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

My heartache, his heartache


Alan Shearer Posted by Hello

My Friday morning was rudely interrupted when my Father revealed the results of the Sporting Lisbon/Newcastle United UEFA Cup tie.
My heart sank when I heard the result.
4 goals to 1.

At that moment, all I could think of was how Alan Shearer (above) felt.

This was the man who got me hooked onto the beautiful game in 1994.
When he moved to Newcastle United for a then, world-record fee of GBP$ 15 million, I switched loyalties.
That was back in 1996.
9 years down the aroad, I'm still supporting the team with all my heart.
Shearer may leave soon enough, but like him, my love for the club won't change.

So, stop asking me if I'll stop supporting Newcastle United when he retires, will ya?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker